The Element Encyclopedia of Witchcraft: The Complete A-Z for the Entire Magical World - Judika Illes 2005
Homemade Anisette Infusion
Food and Drink
1. Place approximately one quart of spirits (vodka or similar) in an airtight jar.
2. Add approximately one ounce of bruised, crushed, green anise seeds.
3. Other seasonings may be also added to taste, for instance approximately one-half ounce crushed coriander seeds and/or a small quantity of cinnamon.
4. Seal the jar; allow it to infuse for a month in a cool, dark place, shaking it gently every so often.
5. Dissolve one pound of sugar in water and add to the container.
6. Filter out the solid material, bottle the liqueur and enjoy.
See MAGICAL ARTS: Necromancy.