Magical Wedding Gifts
Anyone can give the bride and groom toasters, sheets and dishes. You can give the gift of magic.
· Frankincense and saffron to increase the bride's fertility and her personal power (Bedouin)
· Horseshoes for good luck, protection and a happy marriage (Ireland)
· Carved jade butterflies ensure lasting love (China)
Party favors given to the attending guests also bestow magical blessings:
· In Egypt, guests are given small balls of henna paste to hold during the ceremony, so that they may keep their hands on good fortune.
· In Malaysia, guests are given beautifully decorated hard-boiled eggs, to invoke new beginnings and fresh starts for all, not only the bridal couple.