Enchantment to Heal Body and Soul
· Agate relieves nausea.
· Amazonite relieves migraines and soothes eyes. Place the stone in pure springwater overnight and then use the water to bathe the eyes.
· Place cool hematite right where it throbs to soothe a headache.
· Jade is believed to have a beneficial strengthening effect upon the kidneys.
· Jet controls and alleviates migraine headaches.
· Lapis lazuli promotes articulate speech: autistic children, stroke victims or anyone who needs to make a speech may find lapis beneficial if worn over the throat.
· Rose quartz provides strength and healing for those enmeshed in eating disorders.
· Running your fingers through a bowl of loose pearls is believed to enhance the immune system, stimulate health and encourage long life.
Minerals to Alleviate Depression
Baba Yaga's Energy Potion
Based upon recipes used to assist ancient Olympic athletes increase their stamina, this potion features Baba Yaga's favorite: poppy seeds. Baba is extremely vigorous and rarely tired; perhaps a bit of her energy can be transmitted to you!
1 tablespoon of poppy seeds
Honey to taste
Glass of red wine
1. Add the poppy seeds and honey (this is not an optional ingredient, however, add as much as you like) to the glass of wine. Allow to steep for 15 minutes.
2. You may strain out the poppy seeds or drink them in the potion, whichever you prefer.
1 cup milk
¼ cup honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 drops essential oil of lavender
4 drops of essential oil of marjoram*
Amethyst's legend is misunderstood: it will not protect you from getting drunk, if you set out to do so; however, it will bolster psychic resistance to alcohol and is a talisman for those in recovery programs.
1. Warm the milk gently over low heat and stir in the honey.
2. When they are blended, remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract.
3. Pour into running warm bathwater to disperse.
4. Add the essential oils just before you enter.
Snake Healing Dream Incubation Spell
This ritual may be helpful when what ails you remains a stubborn mystery or if, though your malady can be identified, a cure remains unknown.
1. This ritual requires only the image of a snake, which must fit comfortably under your pillow: use a photograph, a drawing or a carved stone fetish.
2. Right before you go to sleep, look at the snake, tell it explicitly what you need to know and request any information it can bring you.
3. Place the snake under your pillow and go to sleep. The snake may respond via information in your dreams or via sudden inspiration while awake.
4. Repeat this ritual as needed until you have received the information you need.
* Essential oil of marjoram can potentially create profound physical and emotional effects. Although it is very effective at combating sleeplessness, long-term use is not recommended without expert supervision. If insomnia is more than a momentary annoyance and you find yourself enjoying this bath more than just occasionally (let's say, more than once a week) simply leave out the marjoram. Essential oil of marjoram is not safe for use during pregnancy. Lavender oil, however, is among the gentlest, safest oils for most people.