Mermaid Magic Spread
On This Day
Mermaid skin is known to be hard as diamonds, protecting the creature from the cold watery depths. It is often said a mermaid caress upon human skin leaves a shimmering mark like fairy dust.
Christopher Columbus, sailing near the Dominican Republic, spotted three mermaids on this day in 1493. He reported them to be “not half as beautiful as they are painted.” In truth, Columbus was looking at manatees, slow-moving aquatic mammals with gentle eyes and large, long bodies.
Summation of Spread
The Queen of Cups connects to mermaid magic as she rules from her throne at the sea. Speaking the language of whales and dolphins, her elusive watery emotional qualities make for empathy whose depths know no bounds.
Mermaid legends have existed in seafaring cultures since ancient Greece. Some folklore states they can take human form and marry men. Sensual, elusive, and undeniably female, mermaid symbolism inspires questions designed to unleash mermaid magic in your life.
Cast Your Cards
Toss your long locks, bask in the sun, smell salty sea air, and cast your cards.
1. Elusiveness: How can I remain mysterious to the one I love?
2. Mystery: What mystery am I unraveling?
3. Allure: Which of my personal qualities is most alluring?
4. Privacy: What must be kept under wraps?
5. Sensuality: How should I indulge my sensuality?
6. Love: What do I love more than anything?
7. Untamed: What do I cling to that must run free in my life?
8. Tidal Waters: Where is the tide of my life bringing me?
9. Movement: Am I fighting the tide or moving with it?