On This Day
Vacations have been proven to shrink stress and anxiety. Relationships are enriched, tension is eased, and childlike wonder is renewed. Consider a three-day weekend if a longer vacation is out of the question.
Times Square was officially named on this day in 1904. Always the cultural hub of New York City, its history reflects the glittering lights of Broadway theater, dance halls, restaurants, and hotels. From the seedy peep shows, go-go bars, and prostitution of the ’70s to the current Disneyfication and gentrification, it remains a number-one tourist attraction, with over 39,200,000 visitors annually.
Summation of Spread
The Eight of Wands represents safe, quick travel over long distances. The card reflects high levels of energy springing you forward in any direction you choose. The key is conducting the energy as you wish rather than letting it run wild.
Have you planned a vacation? Cast this spread after you have decided upon a destination to see what the travel gods have in store for you.
Cast Your Cards
Grab your passport, sunglasses, and guidebook, then cast your cards in the shape of an airplane.
1. Will there be delays in traveling?
2. If so, what can I do to circumnavigate the issue?
3. What is the most important thing about this vacation?
4. What new thing should I try while away?
5. Will a romantic spark be ignited?
6. How do I make the most of my vacation?
7. What unexpected awesomeness may happen?