Financial Responsibility Spread
On This Day
Morgan was a passionate collector of antiquities. Tarot was one of his prized possessions. He owned one-third of the original Visconti-Sforza deck; it sat near his desk in his private study until he died.
American financier J. P. Morgan was born this day in 1837. One of the most influential bankers in history, Morgan was also a notable collector of books, paintings, and other art objects.
Summation of Spread
The Ten of Pentacles may be the wealthiest card in the deck, but the jam-packed card begs the question of where one’s attention goes once the material world has been conquered.
Could your financial philosophy use a boost? Using this giant of banking, we can take a look at our own financial habits through the lens of tarot.
Cast Your Cards
Summon the financial wisdom of J. P. Morgan and cast your cards.
1. Financially, what would happen to my family if I died tomorrow?
2. Do I have an emergency fund set aside?
3. How can I maximize my savings?
4. What can I do to make the most of my income?
5. What is the state of my credit rating?
6. How will I live in retirement?
7. Will I thank myself later for the financial decisions I make today?
8. What should I be doing that I’m ignoring?
9. What step can I take today to improve my financial situation?