Knights Templar Spread
On This Day
Friday the thirteenth is considered an inauspicious day because the Grand Master of the Knights Templar, Jacques de Molay, along with hundreds of Templars, was arrested and imprisoned on Friday, October 13, 1307.
The Knights Templar were sanctioned by Pope Honorius today in 1128. The Templars grew in size and popularity, gaining so much wealth and influence that by 1307, King Philip of France and Pope Clement V conspired to bring them down. Tortured into false confessions and convicted of heresy, sacrilege, and satanism, many burned at the stake.
Summation of Spread
Knights swear with oaths, vows, and codes of conduct, and these pledges color future actions. The questions in this spread are based on the core tenets of knighthood.
Tarot knights are often messengers bearing news. Read the energy of your situation by paying close attention to the speed of the knight’s horses. A fast horse equals a speedy resolution, while a slow horse means more time will elapse.
Cast Your Cards
The Knights Templar wore distinctive white mantles with a red cross. Cast your cards in the form of their familiar cross.
1. Why should I release material concerns?
2. How can I correct injustice?
3. What tyranny in my life goes unchecked?
4. What does it mean to live honorably?
5. What does it mean to be noble?
6. Why is it important to be courteous of others?
7. How can I be more honest with myself?
8. What secret do the Templars bestow to me?