On This Day
Mesmer was discredited when a royal commission investigated his findings and concluded he was a charlatan. Regardless, his legacy persists, and his efforts aided the development of modern hypnosis.
Franz Anton Mesmer was born this day in 1734. Using a theory called animal magnetism, he cured a wide variety of diseases. Animal magnetism was based on the idea that everything in the universe is interconnected. He postulated that when our energy, or “universal fluid,” is blocked, we become sick. His name is the root of the English verb “mesmerize.”
Summation of Spread
Describing optimal health and an open energy flow, the Sun card is auspicious in all matters pertaining to health. Representing vitality and splendor with the enlightenment of the spirit and knowledge, you will succeed.
How are your energy levels? Are you feeling vibrant or drained? This spread uses Mesmer’s theory as a commentary on personal states of energy. It examines what your energy is attracting and how to adjust it for your greatest good.
Cast Your Cards
Cast the Mesmerizing Spread’s cards in groups of three:
1. What is the state of my energy?
2. How can I keep it flowing?
3. What is my greatest energy block?
4. How do I eliminate this block?
5. What keeps me healthy?
6. Does this energy draw others to me?
7. Am I attracting good people into my life?
8. Am I attracting romance into my life?
9. Am I attracting money into my life?
10. What final adjustment should I make?