Unhappiness at Work Spread
On This Day
The average employee spends over 90,000 hours on the job in their lifetime.
The Equal Pay Act was passed on this day in 1963. It stated that men and women must receive equal pay for equal work.
Summation of Spread
The Eight of Pentacles represents a person thoroughly engaged in the work they do and laboring with pride and craftsmanship.
Feeling unsatisfied at work? The questions examine the reasons why. Once the problem is defined, a solution will present itself.
Cast Your Cards
As a child dreaming of the future, what did you imagine yourself doing? Do your former dreams align with your current state? If not, cast the cards to get closer to your vision.
1. The state of my current job.
2. What do I like about it?
3. What do I dislike about it?
4. Am I settling for less than I’m worth?
5. Do I like the people I work with?
6. Am I appreciated and valued?
7. Do I find this job fulfilling?
8. Am I paid what I am worth?
9. Is this field or industry interesting to me?
10. Does this job align with my future goals?
11. What action should I take?