Father’s Day Spread
On This Day
Ties are the most traditional gift bought around the world on Father’s Day.
The first celebration of Father’s Day took place on this day in 1910. Upon hearing of the newly created Mother’s Day, Sonora Dodd—of Spokane, Washington—felt fathers were due their own day of recognition. Wanting to honor her widowed father, who took care of his six children during the Civil War, she lobbied for a Father’s Day.
Summation of Spread
This spread examines the relationship you have with your father in order to better understand it and, therefore, yourself.
The Emperor card represents the archetypal father figure, while the tarot kings represent father types you’d meet on a daily basis.
Cast Your Cards
1. What is my relationship to my father?
2. What is the great gift my father has given me?
3. What is the great challenge my father has given me?
4. How am I similar to my father?
5. How am I unlike my father?
6. How do I define myself in comparison to him?
7. How can I best honor our relationship?