Declare Your Independence Spread
On This Day
Thomas Jefferson and John Adams, two signers of the Declaration of Independence who also served as US presidents, died on this day in 1826. This date happened to be the fiftieth anniversary of the Declaration of Independence.
Today commemorates the United States’s independence from Great Britain. The day is usually celebrated with sparkly firework shows, patriotic parades, summer picnics, and lively parties.
Summation of Spread
The Eight of Wands represents energetic movement. Changes like gaining independence will alter the course of this energy, sending it to new and exciting places.
We all have something in our lives we would like to declare independence from—it may be a habit, a relationship, addictive behavior, or a way of thinking. To perform this spread, you must pick something you want or need to get rid of. Once you have selected what you are letting go of, this spread marks the beginning of your independence.
Cast Your Cards
This spread takes on the shape of a firework, with the ninth card exploding in the center.
1. Why is it important to declare my independence right now?
2. What are the negative effects of my old pattern or habit?
3. What lessons has it taught me that I can now leave behind?
4. What positive effects will come of my independence?
5. How can I come up with a new habit or routine?
6. Who supports me?
7. How can I reward myself for this change?
8. What should I focus on as I forge a new direction?
9. What will be the most exciting result of my independence?