On This Day
The Greeks believed the heart was the seat of the spirit, the Egyptians thought all emotions and intellect arose from it, and the Chinese believe the heart to be the place of happiness.
On-again, off-again couple Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton divorced for the second and final time on this day in 1976.
Summation of Spread
The Three of Swords represents the pain and sorrow of a broken heart with the piercing of this delicate, fleshy organ. Ominous storm clouds hover, bringing rain and tears, yet—like all storms—this too shall pass.
Are you feeling the pain of heartbreak? Everyone fears it, and everyone’s faced the devastation of heartbreak and rejection. Despite all efforts, some cherished relationships cannot continue. This spread poses important and comforting questions when licking love wounds.
Cast Your Cards
The cards are cast in the symbol of a peace sign to help you find it.
1. Can I allow myself to feel the pain?
2. Am I strong enough not to see them again?
3. What will help me heal?
4. What activities make me happy?
5. Can I try something new?
6. Can I revel in my independence?
7. Do I have a strong support system of friends?
8. What is the lesson of this relationship?
9. How can I care for myself?
10. When will I be ready to love again?