Engage Intimacy Spread
On This Day
Four Vedic Sanskrit texts written in 1500 BCE contain the first recorded mention of a human kiss.
Don Juan, the movie holding the record for most onscreen kisses, was released on this day in 1926. John Barrymore kisses over 191 different women in this romantic film.
Summation of Spread
The Lovers card represents the emotional and sexual components of falling in love, physical attraction, and love at first sight. The union of the two people pictured on the card carries the eroticism, choices, and ramifications that follow all matters of the heart.
Do you wish to get closer to your partner? Kissing is not always a promise of true intimacy, but it is the physical steppingstone helping humans exchange scents, tastes, textures, secrets, and emotions. Invigorating your relationship or getting back into the game after a breakup or dry spell, this spread is based on essential points of true intimacy. Use this spread as a reminder or springboard to reengage in the most pleasurable of art forms.
Cast Your Cards
1. What helps me release unrealistic expectations?
2. How can I nurture myself?
3. How can I focus attention on my partner?
4. What helps me to share and communicate?
5. Am I comfortable showing affection?
6. What simple, sweet thing can I do for my partner?
7. What helps me own who I am?
8. How can I focus on giving love?