Embrace Your Dark Side Spread
On This Day
Natalie Portman met her future husband, choreographer Benjamin Millepied, while working together filming Black Swan.
Black Swan, the dark psychological thriller starring Natalie Portman, opened the Venice Film Festival on this day in 2010. The movie’s plot swirls around ballet dancer Nina, who is cast as the lead in Swan Lake.
Summation of Spread
The Devil card connects to the dark, repressed parts of the personality. Representing passion, instincts, and hedonism, he can also represent the distortion of repressed desire expressing itself in harmful ways.
What do you keep hidden? What thrives in your dark side? In Swan Lake, Nina must embody both the purity of the White Swan and the darkness of the Black Swan. While the innocence of the White Swan sits sweetly in her comfort zone, Nina slowly loses her mind while finding her dark and sensual Black Swan qualities. This spread pulls back the curtains on your personal Black Swan by utilizing themes from the film.
Cast Your Cards
Cast your cards in the shape of a swan:
1. What part of myself am I afraid the world will see?
2. What part of myself am I afraid to see?
3. How do I respond to this fear?
4. What walls do I create?
5. What part of myself feels dangerous?
6. Do I command my sexual power?
7. Can I express love toward those dark parts of my psyche?
8. Can I accept and protect my darkness without allowing it to hurt others?
9. Who is my doppelganger?