City of Angels Spread
On This Day
In Los Angeles County, approximately 100,000 women a year get their breasts enhanced, an average of 65 people change their legal name to Jesus Christ, and the average citizen consumes 250 tacos a year.
Spanish settlers founded Los Angeles, California, on this day in 1781. Little did they know their enclave would rise to become the entertainment capital of the world. Hundreds of films and records are produced in LA each year—the second largest city in the United States next to New York City.
Summation of Spread
The Seven of Cups, like Los Angeles, has a strong association with movies and the imagination. It looks as if the silhouetted figure stands in front of a projector. The cups, like cinematic visions, swirl before him, representing possibilities that have not yet unfolded.
Do you find yourself California dreamin’? The City of Angels Spread is crafted with questions inspired by the city’s themes and explores how these topics relate to your life.
Cast Your Cards
Cast in the shape of a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame:
Starlet: What drama do I create?
2. Glamour: What can I do today to make myself feel glamorous?
3. Red Carpet: What image do I project to the world?
4. Glitz: How can I indulge myself?
5. Beaches: How can I connect with the element of water?
6. Sunshine: What makes me feel healthy?
7. Rock ’n’ Roll: What makes me want to dance?
8. Movie Sets: What fantasy is close to becoming reality?