Accepting Loss Spread
On This Day
A path of 36 oak trees, one for each year of her life, leads to the lake where Diana is buried. Four black swans swim beside water lilies that line the lake. An arboretum planted by Diana, William, Harry, and other family members stands nearby.
Diana Spencer, Princess of Wales, was laid to rest in a public funeral at Westminster Abbey today in 1997. Her body was interred on a small island in an ornamental lake on the Spencer family estate. Of the over two billion people watching the funeral, few will forget the image of her sons, William and Henry, walking behind her coffin as it wound through the streets of London.
Summation of Spread
The Ace of Cups is a fountain of love with the power to heal a broken heart.
Have you lost someone dear? Nothing prepares us for the loss of a loved one. While a tarot spread will not hold all the answers, this spread sheds light and offers options when experiencing the heartbreak of loss.
Cast Your Cards
1. How can I face this loss?
2. How do I let the pain come out?
3. Who can I share this with?
4. Can I relish the beauty of the natural world?
5. How can I be gentle with myself?
6. Can I allow myself the time I need to heal?
7. What mind/body activity can I perform that offers peace?
8. Looking directly into this loss, what do I see?
9. Can I find the gift and good of this situation?
10. What moves with me into the future?