New Life Spread
On This Day
Remember to be kind to yourself during the moving process. Following the death of a loved one and divorce, moving is the third most stressful event in life.
The Mayflower set sail from Plymouth, England, on this date in 1620. The ship, symbolic of a completely new life, began early colonization of the future United States.
Summation of Spread
Are you ready to start over? Whether moving cross-country or turning over a new leaf in your own backyard, the New Life Spread asks questions to push you in new directions.
The Six of Swords depicts a journey over silent water. Ripples behind the boat reflect a challenge faced, while the water ahead is calm, suggesting better times ahead. The Six of Swords and its three figures are a reminder that this deeply emotional trip is not solitary; loved ones come along, too.
Cast Your Cards
Cast the cards in the shape of a boat:
1. What do I want out of life?
2. What do I want to experience?
3. What am I willing to change?
4. What brings meaning to my experience?
5. What empowering belief do I need to incorporate?
6. How can I work less and achieve more?
7. What is my unexpected result if I change?