Qualities of Mars Spread
On This Day
The Egyptians called Mars Har decher, “the red one”; Babylonians called it Nergal, “star of death”; Hebrews called it Ma’adim, “one who blushes”; and the Greeks called it Ares after the god of war.
Dutch astronomer Christiaan Huygens describes and draws the bog on Mars called Sytris Major on this day in 1659. The Roman god Mars is known for sex, war, courage, passion, and strength.
Summation of Spread
This spread contains questions based on astrological associations of the planet Mars. Using these associations, questions are posed to offer greater clarity in your life.
Both the Tower card and Mars are symbols of masculinity, sexuality, energy, fire, passion, and destruction. The Tower card often depicts upheaval and dramatic change. Renewal and purification come in the wake of the Tower’s rumbling destruction.
Cast Your Cards
Cast in the shape of an upward arrow as seen in the Mars symbol:
1. Sex: What is the state of my sex life?
2. War: Am I fighting against myself?
3. Courage: What causes me to be brave?
4. Combustion: What makes me feel like exploding?
5. Progression: Where do I need to forge progress?
6. Energy: How do I best maintain my energetic resources?
7. Assertiveness: What helps me to be assertive?
8. Daring: What should I take a chance on?