Peaceful Night’s Sleep Spread
On This Day
Comfortable bedtime rituals such as warm showers, reading a book, or listening to soothing music all induce a good night’s sleep, giving your body subtle clues it is time to wind down and relax.
The film Sleeping Beauty was released on this day in 1959.
Summation of Spread
The Nine of Swords represents a person struggling for sleep and peace of mind due to thoughts rattling unstoppably through her mind. Swords represent mental images and ideas. In the case of the Nine of Swords, disruptive thoughts keep peaceful slumber at bay.
Ever have trouble sleeping? When a good night’s sleep becomes elusive, Sleeping Beauty’s image feels painfully out of reach. Using Beauty’s slumber as the ultimate goal, this spread examines what you can do to encourage restorative sleep.
Cast Your Cards
Brew a pot of chamomile with extra honey and twists of lemon before casting your cards as the Sandman dances across the Milky Way.
1. What issue is keeping me awake?
2. How can I stick to a regular bedtime schedule?
3. How can I wake at the same time every morning?
4. Are there distractions I can remove?
5. What can I do to make my sleeping space more comfortable?
6. What is the best way to calm my body before sleep?
7. How can I become an outside observer of my mind?
8. How do I help myself back into the habit of a good