On This Day
Volunteers experience a “helper’s high,” a rush of euphoria followed by a longer-lasting period of improved emotional well-being.
Mother Teresa was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize on this day in 1979 for her humanitarian work, particularly regarding the plight of refugees and children.
Summation of Spread
Are you looking for a way to give back? Often the desire to volunteer occurs before knowing where to donate your time. Mother Teresa inspires this spread, created to help you move in the right direction when you want to volunteer. This spread helps find the best altruistic situation for yourself.
The Six of Pentacles connects to financial generosity, while the Six of Cups depicts gifts of the heart from one soul to another. The cups on the card are full of flowers. These flowers represent further growth resulting from acts of love and kindness.
Cast Your Cards
Cast with care and love. Any act of kindness, no matter how small, affects someone.
1. What segment of the population do I want to help?
2. What am I good at?
3. How much time do I have to dedicate?
4. Am I capable of making a commitment?
5. How can I best be of service?
6. What volunteer work am I well suited for?
7. What organization should I reach out to?