Break Out of a Rut Spread
On This Day
Years ago, Catholics dedicated the entire month of November to praying for the souls in purgatory. Almsgiving (donating money and food to the poor) and acts of penance were said to reduce the time a soul spent in purgatory.
The Roman Catholic Church dedicates today to all the souls currently residing in purgatory. Purgatory is generally understood as the boundary between heaven and hell; it is the temporary and often uncomfortable waiting place for those souls who need purification before entering heaven.
Summation of Spread
The Six of Pentacles reflects almsgiving, helping others. When this card appears in a reading, discover which character you identify with. Are you the almsgiver or the figure accepting the coins?
Do you feel stuck? In a general sense, purgatory is understood as a waiting place or waiting room before heaven. The questions of this spread are based on the idea of being stuck in earthly limbo. The questions are designed to help you break free.
Cast Your Cards
Cast as a lifeline up and out of a tedious waiting room:
1. What am I avoiding?
2. What am I gaining by remaining in stasis?
3. Do I blame others for my circumstance?
4. How is fear affecting my decisions?
5. What beliefs do I cling to that are no longer true?
6. How do I break out of this rut?
7. What specific opportunities should I look for?
8. How do I take a small, meaningful step forward?