Walk Away or Try Harder Spread
On This Day
In addition to political
prowess, Winston Churchill was a prolific painter. Discovering his passion for oil painting after the age of forty, he would produce almost 600 works in his life.
Winston Churchill’s state funeral was held on this day in 1965. Churchill is regarded as one of the greatest political leaders of the twentieth century for sticking to his convictions and guiding the UK through the cataclysmic events of World Wars I and II.
Summation of Spread
The King of Wands represents the personality traits of statesmanship. A visionary filled with certainty and charisma, he perseveres, never satisfied until his goals are met. Carrying his authority naturally, others become inspired by this king’s bold actions and broad sex appeal.
Churchill failed sixth grade and was defeated in every election for public office until becoming prime minister at age sixty-two. He encouraged others to never, ever give up. His bright spirit informs this spread, created to examine whether you should walk away from a challenge or try harder.
Cast Your Cards
Explore personal conviction and perseverance while casting your cards.
1. What is my calling and what I must do?
2. What happens if I walk away?
3. What happens if I stay and work at it?
4. The biggest challenge as it stands.
5. How can I soothe any stress?
6. What different approach can I use?
7. Who is my support system?
8. Am I truthful about the perceived outcome?
9. How do I improve my knowledge and skills?
10. Am I enjoying the journey?