Doom Bar Spread
On This Day
The wreck of the Island Maid is still submerged near the Doom Bar and is a popular wreck dive destination.
The Doom Bar, a dangerous shifting sandbar in Cornwall, England, claimed two ships on this day in 1911. Both the Island Maid and the Angele were lost within hours of one another.
Summation of Spread
Shifting sandbars operate like the lessons we keep learning and relearning in our life. Why is it others find smooth sailing while we get snagged by the same old habits, issues, and themes? This spread looks at our recurring issues and seeks to settle them once and for all.
The Three of Wands is often described as a person who is waiting for their ship to come in. You can revolve this interpretation and say that the person is sending their ship out to sea. The card is numbered three, the number of creativity and vision.
Cast Your Cards
1. Danger I routinely run up against.
2. Why is this present in my life?
3. What is the lesson I am meant to learn?
4. Why does this persist?
5. What will dissipate this forever?
6. What will happen if I remain stuck?
7. What will happen when this is cleared from my life forever?