Magical Gemstones Spread
On This Day
Garnets were named for the seeds of a pomegranate, amber is the softest gemstone, and in the Middle Ages women wore opals to protect their blond hair.
On this day in 2008, four robbers dressed as women entered Harry Winston’s jewelry shop in Paris. They made off with over $108 million in diamonds and jewels. In 2011, twenty-five people were arrested when the missing jewels were discovered in a Paris rain sewer.
Summation of Spread
The suit of Pentacles is associated with gems, which are mined from the earth’s soft interior. The Knight of Pentacles is often seen as a man making an offering, perhaps an engagement ring to the woman he loves.
Gems are magical in their properties and have been held as talismans for centuries and bestowed as gifts for their special meanings. The Magical Gemstones Spread is based upon qualities associated with certain gems. You may never look at your jewelry the same way again.
Cast Your Cards
Cast in the shape of a gem:
1. Diamond: What is indestructible in my life?
2. Emerald: How do I encourage prosperity?
3. Ruby: How may I experience and offer unconditional love?
4. Garnet: How can I increase my health?
5. Amethyst: What addiction do I need to let go of?
6. Opal: How can I connect to my higher self and the wisdom of the ancient ones?
7. Black Obsidian: What is the best way of grounding myself and keeping away unwanted energy?
8. Lapis Lazuli: How do I increase my psychic ability?