Jim Morrison’s Addiction Spread
On This Day
“The 27 Club” refers to the strange number of musicians who died at age 27, often from drug and alcohol abuse. Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Robert Johnson, Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones, and Amy Winehouse all died at age 27.
Jim Morrison—Lizard King, poet, songwriter, and lead singer of The Doors—was born today in 1943. He developed a severe drug and alcohol dependency, resulting in his death in a Paris bathtub at only twenty-seven years of age.
Summation of Spread
The Five of Cups is an addiction card. The addiction was in the overturned cups. The black cloak depicts a person lost in addiction. Will they drink what is left, thereby indulging the addiction, or cross the bridge to freedom?
Jim Morrison’s tragic story of drug and alcohol use is an extreme example of addiction. We can be addicted to substances, thoughts, patterns, ideas, behaviors, etc. The Addiction Spread offers help and insight to break any addiction.
Cast Your Cards
Remember how strong you are and cast your cards:
1. Why is this addiction in my life?
2. How do I replace a bad habit with a good one?
3. Where is the danger zone, where I am prone to indulge in my habit?
4. How can I deal with scary emotions?
5. What must change about my lifestyle?
6. How do I create a support system for myself?
7. How can I reward myself for progress?
8. What occurs as a result of beating my addiction?