Reciprocation of Love Spread
On This Day
Sinfully sweet chocolate has long been considered an aphrodisiac. Aztec chief Montezuma would consume a “choclati” drink flavored with vanilla and spices before visiting his harem.
White Day is a Japanese romantic holiday celebrated today. Japanese Valentine’s Day differs from the States as women bestow chocolate gifts upon men. On White Day, men who received chocolate now return the favor. They offer gifts of white chocolate, white lingerie, white cookies, or marshmallows to the women in their life.
Summation of Spread
The angel in the Temperance card hovers above the water, actively mixing fluids. These fluids move back and forth like the give and take of a relationship, keeping everything in symbiotic balance.
Reciprocity, the simple give and take of love and affection, is core to any relationship, romantic or otherwise. Japan’s White Day is an opportunity for you to explore the state of give and take in your romantic realm.
Cast Your Cards
Shuffle the cards. Think of the one you love. Imagine their sparkling eyes, warm hands, and soft kisses as you cast the cards in the shape of your affectionate and generous heart.
1. Whom do I love?
2. Are they a good partner for me?
3. How do they make me feel special?
4. How do I make them feel special?
5. What is the greatest gift I can give my love?
6. What is the gift they give to me?
7. How do we lift each other up?
8. How do we tear each other down?
9. Why is this relationship worth the effort?
10. What special, fun, unique gift can I surprise them with?