Know Thyself Spread
On This Day
Apollo Delphinus was the god Apollo’s dolphin form. It was believed he commandeered a Cretan ship in dolphin form and forced it to land on Delphi’s coastline, where the sailors became the island’s first priests.
The ancient Greek festival Delphinia, held in honor of Apollo, was celebrated today with a procession of virgins, athletic games, and sacrifices. Apollo was the handsome, eternally young god of prophecy, archery, music, and medicine.
Summation of Spread
The Knight of Cups, like dolphin-formed Apollo Delphinus, combines warrior qualities with a shapeshifting ability to make for a sensual and powerful knight.
How well do you know yourself? Know thyself was inscribed at the Temple of Apollo in Delphi, according to writer Pausanias. This spread inquires about you and just how well you know the person living in your skin.
Cast Your Cards
Gaze in the mirror. Did you know you are much more than the shapeshifter looking back at you? Cast in the shape of the laurel wreath that often graced Apollo’s head.
1. What is my understanding of the universe?
2. What is my understanding of the earth?
3. What role do my parents play in my life?
4. What is the relationship between my body and my mind?
5. How free am I to create possibility for myself?
6. What invokes my curiosity?
7. What fascinates me?
8. What helps me follow my true path?