The scent of lemon’s creamy white blossoms makes your knees weak, and the fruit is the very quintessence of clean freshness. Not to mention her glossy evergreen leaves and petite frame are refined perfection! Interestingly, while the lemon’s cousin the orange is aligned with the sun and radiates energy outward, the beguiling lemon is lunar, leaning toward the more receptive, feminine end of the spectrum.
Lemon trees (Citrus x limon) are native to China, made their way to Europe through ancient Rome, and later spread throughout the Middle East. I find it interesting that they were first cultivated in Europe in the Italian city of Genoa, as they remind me of my Italian grandmother, who hailed from that region, not only because she loved all things lemon but also because she was small, strong, elegant, and formidable all at one time.
The presence of a lemon tree in a landscape confers a sense of bliss, and quiet contemplation with one can tune you in to the heavenly realm. Encountering a lemon tree in bloom is an especially auspicious occurrence, and inhaling the scent of the flowers is a surefire method of coming into a pleasant alignment with the senses and uplifting the mood to its highest possible degree.
Cleansing and Clearing
Lemons are cleansing in so many ways, both physical and energetic.
· • Add lemon juice to water and drink as a simple detoxifying potion.
· • Add lemon slices to bathwater to cleanse the physical and energetic bodies.
· • Clean house with water into which you’ve added lemon juice or add lemon essential oil to your cleaners.
· • Add a few drops of lemon essential oil to spring water and mist the space as a clearing mist potion.
· • Shine copper with half of a lemon dipped in baking soda.
· • Exfoliate your face with half of a lemon dipped in sugar.
· • Diffuse lemon essential oil to energetically detoxify the space.
· • Wash crystals and magical jewelry in water containing lemon juice to clear and reset their energy.
When increased energy, immunity, and health are desired, an effective magical strategy would be to go heavy on the lemons. For example, you might diffuse the scent regularly, add the juice to your water, and even place a bowl of the fruit on your altar. Keep it up for at least a week, and notice your vitality level increase.
Elements: Water and Air